Wednesday 15 August 2012

I'm wide awake

I was in the dark
I was falling hard
with open an heart

I'm wide awake.
How did I read the stars 
so wrong?

Now it's clear to me
that everything you see ain't always
what it seems.
I was dreaming for so long.

I wish I knew then,
What I know now.
Wouldn't dive in
Wouldn't bow down.
Gravity hurts.
You make it so sweet.
Till I woke up on a concrete.


I'm falling from cloud 9.
Crashing from the high.
I'm letting go tonight.
I'm falling from cloud 9.

Not losing any sleep
I picked up every piece
And landed on my feet.
Need nothing to complete myself.

I am born again
Out of the lion's den
And I don't have to pretend
The story is over now.
The end.

Thunder's rumbling
Castles crumbling
I am trying to hold on.
God know that I tried
Seeing the bright side.
I am not blind any more.

By Katy Perry

No comments: